Breakfast is a favorite around my house. In fact, we love it so much that we often have it for dinner! Last night's french toast was delicious AND approved on my portion control meal plan. Winning!
Still not deprived. Still not starving. Still getting shredded.
Does your family ever do breakfast for dinner?
Healthy French Toast
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 min Cooking Time: 6 min.
Container Equivalents (per serving) 1 yellow, 0.5 purple, 0.5 red, 1/2 tsp
2 large eggs
2 T unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp. maple syrup (or raw honey), divided use
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (I also like using pumpkin spice!)
2 slices whole-grain bread
1 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil
1 c fresh fruit
1. Combine eggs, almond milk, 1 tsp. maple syrup, and cinnamon in a shallow pain; whisk to blend.
2. Coat each slice of bread in egg mixture, making sure to soak each side.
3. Heat coconut oil over medium heat.
4. Add bread; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
5. Top each slice evenly with fresh fruit and remaining maple syrup.