I generally try to bring something healthy to parties I attend but since I don't want to be known as the 'vegetable tray girl, ' I try to find other healthy but delicious recipes to take instead. This one did not disappoint. The secret healthy ingredient? Cauliflower.
Spicy Cauliflower Bites
Servings: 5 (1 cup each) Container equivalents: 2G, 1/2O, 2tsp
Spray Coconut Oil (or other cooking oil)
6 cups cauliflower florets
1/2 tsp. sea salt, divided use
1/2 hot pepper sauce
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. ground chili powder
1/3 tsp. ground smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, gluten free
2 Tbsp. organic grass-fed butter
1. Preheat oven to 250 F.
2. Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray.
3. Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet. Coat cauliflower lightly with spray. Season evenly with 1/4 tsp. salt.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
5. While cauliflower is baking, combine hot sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch in medium saucepan; whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
6. Add chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, butter, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; whisk to blend.
7. Heat hot sauce mixture over medium-high heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Set aside.
8. Pour hot sauce mixture over baked cauliflower (on baking sheet); mix well.
9. Return cauliflower to oven. Bake for 5 minutes.
10. Serve hot with celery sticks.
Try taking these to your next holiday get together or tailgate party-- I'm sure they'll be a hit and people will be surprised that they're actually healthy!