4 oz grape tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
½ oz fresh mint
¾ cup walnuts
2 oz baby spinach
¼ cup vegan parmesan
6 oz Banza® penne pasta
4 tbsp olive oil*
1. Roast the vegetables Preheat the oven to 425°F. Bring a large pot with 4 quarts water and 2 tbsp salt to a boil. Halve the zucchini lengthwise and slice into half moons. Add the sliced zucchini and grape tomatoes to a baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables until browned in places, 14 to 16 minutes.
2. Prepare the pesto Peel the garlic. Halve and juice the lemon. Pick the mint leaves from the stems. Add the garlic, lemon juice, mint leaves, walnuts, spinach, just 2 tbsp parmesan, 3 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper to a food processor. Pulse until mint walnut pesto is well combined but not completely smooth.
3. Cook the pasta Once the water is boiling, add the pasta, stir, and cook until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water and drain the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot off heat.
4. Add the pesto Add the mint walnut pesto and reserved pasta water to the pot with the pasta. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the pasta is well coated and the pesto sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Taste, and add salt as necessary.
5. Serve Divide the mint walnut pesto penne between shallow bowls and serve with roasted zucchini and grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan.
Are you curious about my holistic #veggiesmost approach to nutrition and weight loss? Click on the photo to get more information and feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have!